Sunday, November 13, 2011

Observation Week 5

In observing my aquarium this week I once again noticed that my water level had decreased dramatically. My plants had seemed to be dying and I believe its possible that they may have already been dead. Under the microscope I spotted Euchlanis sp. Cyclopoid sp. Litonotus sp. and Cyclidium sp. I also observed a saw a few other new organisms however I did not identify them.

The following are pictures I identified from my microaquarium:
  Figure 1 
Patterson, D. (1996). Free Living Fresh Water Protozoa A Colour Guide . In D. Patterson, Free Living Fresh Water Protozoa A Colour Guide (p. 149). London: Manson Publishing Ltd.


Figure 2
Pennak, R. W. (1989). Fresh-Water Invertebrates Of The United States Protozoa to Mollusca. In R. W. Pennak, Fresh-Water Invertebrates Of The United States Protozoa to Mollusca (p. 171). Canada: John Wiley And Sons Inc.


  Figure 3
Patterson, D. (1992). Free Living Fresh Water Prototozoa A Colour Guide. In D. Patterson, Free Living Fresh Water Prototozoa A Colour Guide (p. 133). London,NW: Wolfe Publishing.


Figure 4
Smith, D. G. (2001). Pennak's Fresh Water Invertebrates Of The United States. In D. G. Smith, Pennak's Fresh Water Invertebrates Of The United States (p. 495). New York, NY: John Wiley And Sons Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment